Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lunch and Something Joe

Had lunch at mamak today and spent an hour reading my book. Gosh, it is such a destructive content and a book filled with rejection, depression, loneliness and negativity. I figured it was not a suitable book to read at a time of peace, with the monsoon breeze lightly caressing your face and a great cup of teh ais accompanying you. So much for impersonating Virginia Woolf reading in a cottage garden.

No doubt the book is a still a very good read. Definitely worth having a dictionary around! It was highly recommended to me by Eva and I highly recommended it to Lee. Both loved the book. I loved the cracks and sex in the book. Thankfully, I am not involved in any. The author's description and story-telling is vivid enough to illustrate the emotional instability and fake happiness one goes through with cracks. I just wish I could write like him.



Talking about recommendations, if you are a summer-movie fanatic for action based genre screenings ... go for G.I. Joe. That is one stylo-mylo, non-stop action packed movie. The only let down was that Scarlett and Baroness should really have cat fight a little longer with some hair pulling, bitch slapping and pussy kicking, as how Kenny put it and I dramatized. Either than that the whole movie was really fun to watch. Brainess, effortless and definitely worth the money. For those who oogle over leather outfits, ninja flips, green liquid melting the cities, the wayan brother joke and packs of abs, go watch it

Now, I can't wait for this to arrive ...


ALICE IN WONDERLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment