Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael and My Family

All right. Before I head to bed. I gotta just write something quick. I almost, had never, remember that my parents slept so late. Usually by around 11pm, or latest 12am ... both my parents would be asleep soundly. Dad would let out a comfortable snore loud enough to hear it from my room with the door closed.

Today, mum and dad was still awake at 215am ... widely awake. Why? Cos they claimed to be paying tribute to the king of pop. According to my sister, they were glued to the TV watching numerous documentaries, music videos, concerts and any other related news about him. I was also shocked to find out that dad is a big fan of Thriller MTV (same with me) and mum is a big fan for Beat It. She literally was shaking her head, grooving to the beat when the MTV was shown on 8TV around 130am. I sat in the living room, watched my funny parents and wanted to laugh at them - grooving to MJ at late hours, depriving sleep for the legend.

Even Ariel was up watching his video. Being only 12, Michael Jackson's music should be a stranger to her ... but his influence in music and dance was greater than I thought. Ariel might not know the music, but she had said the word; so cool, so "yeng", so macho, so sexy, WOW, WAH, "Keng Chow" = which means unbelievably great ... so many times, I told her ... You are such a Michael Jackson Fan. A bit too late right? She just return a great smile. Now, that is what I call phenomenal ... dance moves created in 1983 ... influencing a 1997 baby.

Ironically, my family having so much interest in MJ and being such obvious fan ... the house host NOT EVEN A SINGLE MJ album. I had to raise my eyebrow. The only time my parents ever gotten close to MJ was in One Utama ... I was there too but I couldn't remember a thing. I guess I was more a Spice Girl Fan ... I know, I am sick

Anyway, just wanted to write this down. Who knows, in the future I might read about this post and have great flashback on mum and dad enjoying the robot dance step, moonwalk, MJ vocal and singing signatures. Rest in Peace Michael. You are a legend!

No comments:

Post a Comment