Sunday, September 24, 2006

I LOVE TODAY!

Post is actually for sunday

Had my first music festival celebration today - The Darwin Music Festival at Northcote. Actually, I was filling in for Eva (since she had other matters to attend to) as a crew membe for shooting Greg Walsh (a local old time songwriter-singer). BTW, it's for a documentary assignment. Greg, also a friends of ours, was one of the five finalist for the song-writing competition. So, the girls was just adding materials for their documentary. Anyway, the festival was awesome - shops were all open on sunday, selling heaps and heaps of food, people brought their kids, dogs and lovers but the weather was the give-away (it rained)... Why don't we have something like that in Malaysia??? So ... back to the festival, the competition was fun. Every contestant gave their best performance. Sadly, Greg didn't win but he was complimented for his "1920s" jazz style and unique voice. So ... I shall shut-up and let the pics tell the enjoyable moments at the festival ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Greg Walsh and me @ the street

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Grace and me!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My 4dollar lunch. Am not sure what is it called but it taste very different and quite filling.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
People still having fun despite the weather

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Greg giving his best shot for the competition

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One of the finalist ... His song is really funny - it is called, Short People are Sexy. LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The winners for the competition

Ok ... after a whole lots of fun. Grace treat me to a Korean food (which I have anticipated for a very very long time!). We went to this place called Seoul House between Lonsdale St and Russell St. It was recommended by ALST. Thank you ALST so so so so much. The service was top notch! Polite, friendly and very very helpful. I love that place. PICS PICS PICS!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The korean version of Okonomiyaki. My most favourite! *yum yum yum

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me eating Okonomiyaki

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Korean BBQ setup

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chili BBQ pork - VERY YUMMY!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
KIMCHI!!!! *nyam nyam nyam

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HotPot Seafood - nothing special.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The very authentic - Rice Green Tea! Yummy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank you grace! Hmmm ... I think I am going back that place again quite soon or maybe I should extend my masters program to Korea! Haha, since I love the food so so much. BTW, did I mentioned about their steel bowl and long spoon. LOVE IT! I tell you, I WILL have that Korean set cutleries next time in my home! WILL HAVE'em!!! I am so hungry now thinking of the dinner. Thank gawd I bought a bucket of Kimchi. Ok ... That's enough for today. Going to eat my kimchi now ... hehehe

4 comments:

  1. i know what you mean
    when i first got here iate korean every week
    splendid!
    gonna miss it back home

    ReplyDelete
  2. kimchi kimchi! loved those, but the more i eat the more i am hungry1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch Andrew. Now I'm feeling hungry. And I just had dinner...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. u like korean, u should go to "Kimchi grandma korean cuisine" in Carnegie. Oooo... its simply so sedap!

    ReplyDelete