Monday, December 19, 2005

Uniquely Singapore

Was away in Singapore from thursday till monday (today). Believe it or not; I have not venture into Australia since 1997. If you calculate, its almost 8 years since I last went to Singapore. Funny right? To be frank, I had not visited any country since my last Australia trip back in year 1995. Sad but true.

On Thursday, Me and Kenny boarded the train ala KTM called the Senandung Malam. The train departed at 1030pm at KL Central and will only arrive at Singapore; Woodlands, 9 hours later about 745am. It was a fun journey. Kenny and I slept on bunk beds. It's kinda like those movies. Cool. A little cramp and bumpy but I still manage to get almost 6-7 hours of sleep. The rest of the time, I read my book, listen to my mini and I explored the entire train - which is very very very long and creepy! Went to every nook and corner of the train. Man it was scary ... Later, Kenny "tapau" MeeHoon goreng and we ate @ our bed. For your information; their food was very nice! Got standart! Not bad for a fast food-train cafe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Arrive in Singapore. Got my 1st chop in the passport. Went through the Custom and met Erwin. Went over to his place to rest and headed straight to shopping. We started at Orchard and walk and walk and walk and walk. Then we went to another shopping venue @ Suntec City and we continued to walk and walk and walk and walk. Man it was tiring!


One thing really inspire me about Singapore is about their transportation technology! It is damm cool! All cabs has this satelite central thinge. They do not use Walkie Talkie! AGH! ~~~ COOL


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Then, we went onto a city tour called Ducktous. It was Erwin's company. It was so much fun! Hahahaa ... We sat on this boat with big truck wheels and then went into Marina Bay for the city tour. It went on both ground and water! The most important thinge in this activity is that i got really NICE PICTURES of the city and historical monuments and ...wow...the tour guide' Leonard was so bloody cute! HAHAHA ... So nice! Thanks Erwin!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Then we continued to walk and walk and walk and walk. Of course, all this walking exercise took place in shopping malls! It's amazing how much shopping malls they have!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


As we reach night time, we had pasta as dinner and went clubbing. The very next day, we followed William and Klevin and travelled around the same places me and Kenny had went. Well, it was all-mostly that is- about shopping in Singapore! So the damage begins at 12pm ... You should have seen the guys! Their shopping bags were like a trolley full! If anyone snatches the bags away; it would at least sum up to a RM2000! The damage of course ended about 12am. Yes - We were shopping for 12 hours! Non-stop!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Sad thou, the Christmans Deco was nothing to shout about. Kenny agrees. Erwin told me that Singapore Tourism Board has allocated the the budget on something else - on promotional effort and a street party. Sadly, I didn't notice both - but the bad Decos. It is not as bad - It's just too plain and the Christmas Spirit wasn't really burning!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Lastly, my trip was Ok... Indimated by the exchange rate. Everytime I wanted to get something; I thought to myself - I can't afford it. I only got a pair of red Havaianas sandals and 2 crumper thirtsy pouch for my camera and mini. I KNOW I KNOW! I am a crumpler whore rite ~~~~ :P ...


PS - Erwin got a really cute fluffy bunny @ his house! So cute. Miss him so much ... I named the bunny - Louis V! Hahaha ... Erwin calls him Louis only.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

  1. hahaa...i agree..
    the bunny look so cute ler.....
    i want to play with them ler.... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. He, I got shocked for a while, I know an Erwin in Singapore too! I thought Erwin is a like, not common name, lol, but if that guy in the pic is him, then that's not my lil godbro. Glad you had fun... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. vynn-may : yah le ... so cute! You should see him hop around! AGH* wonderful

    aysh : It's very cramp! Very very cramp! You can't even turn! If you fall into "that thing". You might as well kill yourself by jumping off the train! The only nice thing about the train was perhaps the new experience and the time running around I get to do!

    vini : I am very sure he is not your god bro! Hahaha...Ok la...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pics!!! who are the hot guys?!?
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never realised how important a good bed was until I got a bad back�.
    Over 1,400 members of BackCare, the national organisation for healthy backs, responded to our Back Your Bed survey - the first of its kind to explore the views on beds of those who suffer from bad backs and the experts who treat them.
    SUMMARY OF THE BACK YOUR BED SURVEY RESULTS
    Buying a good bed is one of the most important purchases you can make when it comes to back pain relief. Nine out of 10 say their bed is more important to them since they developed back pain; 98% agreed that a good, supportive bed could help a bad back. 82% of experts felt that the right bed could help prevent back pain.
    "If you cannot rest properly and sleep well, this hinders recovery from back problems."
    A firm, supportive bed, not a hard one, can do wonders to ease and even prevent bad backs. Only 22% of sufferers had bought a bed classed as �orthopaedic�; while 28% describe their bed support as �medium�. Only 6% of experts would recommend an orthopaedic bed to patients.

    Three quarters would be prepared to spend more than �500 on a new bed: compared with just 36% of the �normal� population. Nearly one in 10 would pay more than �2,000 for a new bed to get the comfort and relief they need.
    Back pain sufferers are twice as likely as the rest of the population to own a new bed - 50% have beds that are less than five years old compared to the national average of 24%.
    88% are satisfied with their choice � but 16% said they would get a better quality one next time; while 9% would opt for something firmer; 5% said they would choose a softer bed and 4% wanted a bigger one.

    Sufferers are three times more likely to replace their beds when they no longer feel comfortable (65% compared with just 20%).
    31% own a king size bed compared with 11% generally. Separate mattresses zipped together are also popular with couples whose support needs differ or who are easily disturbed by their partner's movements. top
    So worth considering when buying a

    ReplyDelete