Thursday, May 21, 2009

SSM user experience

I am going to review the SSM service today. If you ever dealt with registering a business in Malaysia, the three initials should not be a stranger to you. Now, my experience with this government service should be rated A-... for being one of the worst experience. Thank goodness for their friendly staff, saving them from total emasculation if I ever do take the field in political arena.

Anyway ... enough joke. Back to the review. The one thing that is frequent for SSM is the word System down ... I wonder, is this some kind of norm for all the other government services or they just hire bad IT staff. Why are they always so ill equipped and insufficient. A few months back, I tried registering online with their system, system failure and causes some wrong info to be saved into the application process. Being not very user friendly, you cannot remove the details and have to travel to the nearest SSM office to make amendments. Not very user friendly ... minus 10 points

When I was there to meet the customer officer, it had no proper waiting queue or numbering system. Everyone just waited in a line as if they are going to pay for something over the cashier. Just a basic school-student lining up outside a room. Finally it was my turn ... I was told that the internal verification system is down and I cannot get my business cert, but the details have been amended. I can either opt to get my cert mailed to my address or I come collect another day. Of course, I chose the most convenient way. Minus another 10 points

Thinking about the process. It was not worth making the trip there to make the amendments. Nothing was required for the changes, no authorization ... no verification. Just a simple "Tell me what happened" and it was done! Why can't it be done over the phone? Like a call center or something! Minus 5 points.

I finally got my cert and happily went to the bank to get my business account rejected from CIMB. Why? Cause SSM did not mail me the physical copy of my personal ownership of the cert. Apparently there is one, and I didn't get it along with the Cert. I have to travel back to SSM ... Minus 10points. If the document is so important, why didn't they just include it along with the courier?

So ... this morning, I was at SSM again requesting for that important document. The nice lady smiled at me, with a guilty grin and softly apologize, saying that system is down and they can't print the stuff for me. I had to return to the office tomorrow to collect the stuff.

I stood up, took her at the tudung and slapped her face so hard she wailed. As she was about to fall to the ground, I took advatange of her tudung again, grabbing it and pulled her towards me giving her a strong head tudd. She cried in pain again, this time grabbing hold of the table for support from falling. Her colleague stood up and was approaching me quickly. I could see her at the corner of my eye trying to get hold of my raising arm, I quickly turn and landed my palm into her cheek. She stood there, recovering from shock and was burning. She replied my brutal attack with a slap but missed my face as I quickly maneuver to the side, giving her another loud and heavy backslap. She fell onto her colleague. People was looking and my mum clapped happily, laughing at them.

Ok. That did not happened. I wished it had ... It was playing in my mind when they were apoligising frantically for my misfortune ... They just took my details and promise to contact me if there are any updates. Alternatively, they will also email me the documents to compensate the trouble I had today. Minus 10points ... have to ... hate it cos I had to wake up early and get nothing from going to the office.

GOSH ... Government service really sucks la. They should really consider what a user feel from all the trouble. I only salute the frontliners for being so patient over the stupid system. Ok .. I am going to follow mum for lunch now ... just so we can continue our bitchy moment commenting on the government

No comments:

Post a Comment