Friday, May 1, 2009

My Bro

I am back from Pantai Hospital. Yes, I visited ErGe about 2 hours ago (apparently the hospital has very flexible visiting hours and very friendly nurses and very lenient regulations) ... and came back with a heart that carries a lot of discomfort and uncertainty. Life is surely unpredictable. Er Ge got the same illness as I did about 2 years back ...

I am partially stunned, but mostly afraid. I wish I had someone I could talk to and lean my shoulder on, hearing Er Ge story brings back some nightmares and pain ... but I know a big boy has got to stand up by his own and not count on anyone in the world. Something I learned the hard way.

I am so glad I was there with Er Ge making him smile and diverting his attention from the pain he is feeling. I am happy that close friends were all around him ... caring friends and to see that everyone did a fair bit to keep him company touches my heart. Edward brought fashion magazines, a laptop to keep his updates on facebook and a pluto doll ... a soft touch to the whole thing. Sara brought food, healthy sushi from a vegetarian restaurant. Many sent their wishes and were mad that they weren't told earlier about his minor surgery. Something I didn't felt much of previously when the same thing happened to me. Different friends perhaps. All I remember was waking up half way to see K sitting around and a slice of chocolate cake from Ta Jie.

Er Ge is a very lucky guy. Being around his friends ever since 2 years back has brought very fond memories of friendship back to me. It was nice to feel belong again ... but I still have my reservations. I sometimes envy him, but almost all the time ... love him for who he is and how he has treated me. Then I finally understood why people care and show their love for him so much more. That is because he does the same to his loved ones. Love his friends unconditionally, anytime, everytime. And because he is still himself, never flawed, never masking his disadvantages on every occasion or situation. Always love and never hate. Never expect but always give. Be happy and sad but never depress and boast about life. Always shelter the needy and care.

I am so happy that he is my brother. So honoured to have a brother like him. So proud that he calls me 小第

Er Ge, my extraordinary brother! I wish you the best of health and recover quickly. Will bring you shopping next time and buy you the ice cream i promised. Get well soon and Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment