Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome 安福 (An Fu)

My family and I adopted a dog today. It's our family's first dog. 8 weeks old mutt (mongreal) puppy we saved from being (soon-to-be) put to sleep. A neighbour's female pet gave birth to 7 puppies and with limited roaming room for the front yard, they have no choice but to give them away, either to dog lovers or SPCA. Hope begins to fade as they are growing fast and no one adopts.

So, we did it. Adopt a male and name him 安福 (An Fu) which means peace + happiness and good fortune. My sister prefer to call him "Shaggy" - his english name but the whole family is quite certain to call him Fu.






Being away from his mother, he has been weeping and crying the whole morning. I stayed up to ensure he is fine. Although I am up, Fu doesnt know it. I refuse to open the main wooden door fearing that he will be spoiled. My dad is up too, although he doesnt emerge from his room, I know he is worried sick about Fu but we have no choice. Disicpline is important for a pup. As he cries away, I am here ... blogging 544am in the morning with tons of work lining up for the week.

I felt so helpless as it was my first experience caring for a pup. Hearing him wail and cry, I can't help but shed tears. I really don't know what to do. Fearful that he plays with "stupid girl" the lovely dog next door (look at post below -23/Jan/2009 - Ugly Betty next door) who had grown jealous over the new arrival at my house. She will bark at Fu at any chance to scare him off.

After a while, Fu quiets down ... asleep but once he is awake, he cries again. I understand it must be hard to be lonely - away from your mother and siblings but he have to get used to it. One way or another, we are saving him from the lethal jab. If he returns home, my parents will for sure not want him back ... that I am certain.

Fu ... be a good boy quick, sleep well ... and be strong. Your ko ko here have to sleep too! and hopefully soon

No comments:

Post a Comment