Thursday, January 15, 2009

Car boot forced through ...

Today I drove K's car to meet a client in Sri Kembangan in the afternoon. It was a short 15 minute meeting and when I returned to the parking lot ... the boot was open. I was in a state of shock and quickly searched the car for missing items. Apparently someone forced open the back but did not damage or took anything from the car.

It was in broad daylight and the place where I parked had a fair passing traffic. Moreover, it was in a commercial area and this bunch of thief (or maybe one) is daring enough to hack open the boot for luck. K's RM7000+ audio system is still intack without any damage and nothing was lost.

I guess the thieves (or thief) must have end up being dissapointed and furious to find an empty boot. I just hope the soon-to-come feeling sink in ... the "I FEEL STUPID" feeling... Haha

Moral of the story : No matter where you park or how you park or how safe is the place, always just prepare for the worse (which translate to saving extra money to fix the car if damaged) and get insurance coverage for the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment