Thursday, January 15, 2009

Muhibah....NYA!

I was driving K around town today since his car was admitted to the mechanic. As he was away in a meeting at Salak Selatan, I sat at a small mamak stall and waited for him. Now, Salak Selatan is a small neighborhood between Kuchai Lama and Sg. Besi where you will find unforgiving highways cutting across their skyview. If a bomb goes off at their commercial area, you will find heaps of paper flying around and dead mechanics... Yes, Salak Selatan is home to car mechanics and commercial-industrial printers.

As I was tucked away in one small corner at the mamak stall, sitting under a tree sheltering me from direct sunlight - I notice something interesting. Something comfortable. A forgotten feeling I used to experience back in high school. The feeling of Muhibah.

The mamak was run by a few Indian man (owners) and a few Malay ladies (waitress and cook) ... and most of the customer were Chinese! They spoke in multiple language and understand each other like long-term couples. There were laughters, chatters, an unspoken joy and peace about the place, transforming it from a drabby, ugly, dirty area (which looks a lot like a landfill dump) into this little peaceful and MUHIBAH heaven. Haha ... I hope I am making sense

DRAMA :

Malay Waitress : E ... Pergi la, jangan kacau ku
Indian Owner : Laugh and still teasing her
Chinaman : Ah Neh! Kira! Berapa?
Indian Owner : Sam Kau Pat (Canton) = RM3.80
Chinaman : Hand over RM4
Indian Owner : Continue teasing, forgot about the change
Malay Waitress : Cau Chien A! (Canton)
Indian Owner : Sorry ... Sorry ... Lupa
Chinaman : Laugh and took the change.

I smile to myself and feel so lucky to be there, seeing the picture of how Malaysian should become some day. And our government goes on with empty ramblings about how we are not unify. Bullcrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment