Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Me and Mr Ng!

How do you know when a friend is soon to be stranger? Simple; you see each other less, you call each other less, you chat less when you meet, you care less when you see each other, you try to get away when you bump into each other, you empty talk nowadays replacing the quality chats, you say hi and follow by bye, and somehow you feel nothing when the friendship is about to be flushed down the drain. Why it all happened? You do not really care, you do not want to find out, you can't be bothered to find ways to better the friendship and definitely you don't mind it happening.

That is what you get when you invest emotion and care in a friendship, ending up getting nothing from it. Although I am tougher and smarter in handling this kind of situation after some painful past experiences, I am still awed by how people could just be so ignorant and cruel towards something that is mutually and equally built.

I am so glad my friendship circle balances that vicious cycle with introduction of friends, some who made the effort and walked the extra mile to be closer in person with me. One of them is Mr Ng ... Of course, in the midst of busy life and the ever enchanting world you lose more friends but I thank god I found great ones in between.

Well ... lose a great friend, get another great friend. Sound like yin and yang to me

No comments:

Post a Comment