Saturday, November 14, 2009

A day with James & Hong Kee Dim Sum Taipan USJ review

---

A few new trials:

Fried crabstick with sesame seeds; not the best we tasted. The texture is a bit harsh and dry.

Fried fortune dumplings. Absolutely sinful with the mayo dip, but a must try! Crunchy and yummy!

This is heavenly. I find the fillings a bit salty but the overall taste is still good. I just wish the fillings were a bit more and the skin a bit more thin.

My previous post missed the Chee Cheong Fun ... So here is the pic, not bad. Grace actually said that the skin is soft and silky, a rare find in KL.

Fried Veg dumplings. The inside is nice, simple and healthy. Most of the fillings are greens and it taste a bit like Vegetarian Gyoza

Phoenix leg – chicken leg. I don’t like it!


Thank babes for the breakfast!

---


Am sitting at Austin Chase, Pav ... basically catching up with my good ol pal James. After disappearing for two weeks - the gym bunny finally buzz me this morning for brunch. We went to a nearby Dim Sum restaurant at Taipan USJ and randomly ordered some food. I have to say, the food is not bad and the bill came up to about RM34. We also took the chance to snap some photos for keeping since it is the first time me and James had brunch and breakfast in our 7 years of friendship! Could be more ... but ya ... I try not to blow up the figures! HAHA

New tag available. Lemongrassboy's food. A brief food review on Hong Kee Dim Sum at Taipan (behind the row of shops of CIMB) at USJ, Subang.


The rice is believed to fried raw ... very nice! Love it! I do not know how to say it, but usually you will cook the rice before frying it. Not for this one. Raw kernels are fried till soft. It is served with a variety of ingredients such as eggs, lap cheong (waxed sausages), peas and spring onions.


My all time favourite ... Fried sesame lotus seed. Very crunchy and fragrant. They don't stinge on the lotus seed too.


Egg tart. Not bad, mini size and worth sharing. Small bites and crunchy crust.


Prawn Dumpling ... steamed but nothing to shout about. Normal tasting to me.


Malai Kou ... I think it is called Malay sponge cake ... Very nice too! Soft and melts in your mouth


Sinfully fattening. James said it is called something like ... bacon present or something. Of course, it is nice but not my favorite. Prefer the more "Authentic" dim sum dishes


The usuals ... I believe both is siew mai (Face dumplings) ... pork meat stuffed with prawns. The left one is the original one and the right one is believed to have more prawn meat than the pork. Dislike both as the pork meat overpowers the freshness of prawn. Least favorite but worth the try for people who loves the steamed pork aroma.

We also had Chee Cheong fun, but we have no picture of it. Skipped the photo. Too busy munching away. The CCF was not bad, soft skinned but lack of substance in the sauce and filling. Overall, it is not a bad place to dine in with family or not-so-fussy eating partners. I would recommend the place for casual eating as the price are quite affordable. Service is SUPER fast and the waiter is quite attentive too. Haha.

Well, it has been almost 4 hours since we left Subang and amazingly I was quite productive, a vow to my previous post. I worked and uploaded a few new pics to be sold at a new stock photo library. James too worked a little in his freelance work, updating a friend's laptop while facebooking away on his own.

I guess we are just two stranded boys working on our laptops, admiring the crowd at Pavillion. It's amazing the traffic near food republic. If I could charge 1cent for every person who walked pass where I sit, I am sure to be a millionaire by end of the month. At least a thosandaire. James said most people are here to watched the movie 2012 anyway, which is why the parking is packed with cars.

Unfortunately a brief walk around the boutique stores shows slower traffic. Hmmm ... anyhow, I can't wait to get out of Austin Chase and do something else than facing my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment